This post is mostly for those that have Android devices and would like to sync information from Facebook to Google Contacts. There are two parts to this.
This is pretty technical and might not be for everyone.
Part 1: Exporting Facebook Contacts to Google Contacts.
Source: http://brad.livejournal.com/2398409.html This guy has a very nice tutorial that I summarized below. This just requires a web browser and doesn’t need an Android device.
- Install GreaseMonkey in Firefox.
- After restarting Firefox, click on this link. It will download / install the Greasemonkey Facebook phone book export tool.
- Open your Facebook Phone Book.
- Click on Tools > GreaseMonkey > User Script Commands… > Export Facebook Phonebook.
- This will page through the phone book and export to Address Booker. You will need to sign in to your Gmail account at this point.
- At this point you can view, export, or merge your contacts.
Part 2: Synching Facebook Contact Pictures with Google Contacts
- Download SyncMyPix on your Android device. Link here: http://code.google.com/p/syncmypix/ (if you are viewing this on a computer, see the slideshow above for a qr code to download on your device)
- After downloading, you will need to install and login with your FaceBook account.
That is all.